Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fiji

Well this is the first update for everyone back home, hard to think that it was only six days ago that I was nervously fidgeting away in the departure lounge at Tullamarine........

Got to Nadi at 730 in the morning after a surprisingly short flight (who new Fiji was only 4 hours away?) and set about finding a hostel. Ten minutes later I was on a on a bus to well, somewhere, and soon arrived in the town at possibly the dingiest hole in all of fiji. Oh well only 7 bucks, can't complain.

After a day spent wandering around the less than picturesque town centre and finally having a decent nap I headed up to the roof for a few sunset beers and guitar antics with Tomo my japanese roommate.



The beers didn't last long though so soon enough it was downstairs for Kava and more beers with the other guests. (Kava kind of tastes like muddy water that eventually makes your mouth go numb)

Next morning it was up early for a bus and boat out to south sea island. I should have had a biblical hangover after last night but I don't know if it was the hydrating effects of the Kava or what but I actually felt awesome.



Spent the day doing a whole lot of lounging around on a sun chair with a short period of injuring myself on the coral, and made it back to town for a quick dinner and my flight out.




Fiji reminded me a lot of Thailand actually and I'd love to go back and spend some more time there one day. Very friendly people and aside from Nadi a lovely place.
And off to L.A............

No comments:

Post a Comment